Wednesday, 14 October 2020

friday at the fort

Well, sort of. 

After my Archeology exam, I went with everyone to Officer's Row. It was really great to get out and walk around. I like to imagine what it would be like to live during those times long ago... It is interesting to think about.




There were lots of good smells at the fort's garden. It looks a lot different in autumn, although I don't remember the last time I actually went to Fort Vancouver. Two years, maybe? Who knows.




I thought the shed looked kind of like an outhouse, what about you?


Now, off to the Post Hospital! By far, one of my favourite buildings in the fort area. I wish I could learn more about it, but I'm having trouble finding anything. (Online at least.) I find old/abandoned hospitals really, really interesting, especially because medical procedures were a lot different back then. I hope they don't end up taking the building down...


Halloween is in two weeks... It will definitely be different this year, but I don't trick-or-treat, so it won't be starkly different. I'm still putting a costume together, though. Can you guess what? I'll give you a hint: "Curiouser, and curiouser!"

I'm about half-way through fall quarter, and I'm taking super interesting classes again. I'm learning a lot from Archaeology, there's a lot of things I hadn't thought about before. Did you know archaeologists always excavate sites in square sections? That's how they map things out. I might talk more about my other classes later.

See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment